The Seventh Sun" is an album which consists of songs composed around seventh chord intervals. The album's style is a mix of minimalist Dream Pop, Twee, Post-Rock, Synth-pop, and Progressive Rock. The Jazzy vibe is due to the usage of seventh chords.
This album was recorded in a very "Live" fashion with mostly improvisation/ minimal writing and minimal editing, be it MIDI or audio.
This version of the album was produced on Ampex 456. The tapes were damaged then repaired, copied to new reels and transferred. The original reels cannot be played anymore and are currently in storage. No pitch or rhythm correction was used.
Virtual instruments and recording done on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4.
released 20 September 2013
• Abe Alberts: Guitar solo (Segue Into Darkness), inspiration
• Anthony Anadiotis: Piano solo (Around the Sun), inspiration
• Erik Satie: Composer of “Gymnopédie No. 1”, inspiration
• Kashikura Takashi, Mino Takaaki, Yamane Satoshi, Yamazaki Hirokazu, toe: Composers of “C”
• Jake Funnnyman/ Jakeonfiree: Inspiration
• Jimmy Garrison: "Part 2 - Resolution [Breakdown]" composer.
• Carl Ponce: Electric/ acoustic/ MIDI guitars, bass guitars, keyboards/ organs/ pianos, drums, samplers/ sequencers, production/ mastering, composer, design
• sheeeepy: Inspiration, helping with the website
More thanks included within the download in the form of an RTF.
• Steve Miller/ Joachim Young: "Space Intro/ Fly Like An Eagle" sample
• Carl Sagan: "The Edge of Forever" sample ( Owned by Carl Sagan Productions: www.carlsagan.com
These samples are, sadly, not clear as I do not have the economic resources to do so. A million apologies to the owners. If you are an owner of any of these samples, please use the contact form on BandCamp and I will immediately remove the offending sample.
Some rights reserved. Please refer to individual track pages for license info.